- The Network Support Specialist is responsible for trouble shooting, maintaining and setting up network hardware and software, and supporting the existing Local Area Networks (LANs), related peripheral equipment, and PC software for Moose International, Moose Charities, and Mooseheart.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of LANs. This includes but is not limited to network maintenance, monitoring, problem determination/resolution, and performance tuning.
- Perform server maintenance to ensure servers operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- Set up various servers needed in a network environment. This includes but is not limited to file, print, and communication servers. This includes loading the server software and maintaining the daily operation of the servers.
- Maintain Active Directory accounts. Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Responsible for backing up server data.
- Assist PC Support Specialists when needed.
- Input and maintain the inventory system. This includes but is not limited to entering model and serial numbers of all network equipment that is installed or replaced.
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software.
- Develop network policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned as part of the Information Systems Team.
- A Bachelors /Associates Degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
- 1-3 years experience in setting up and supporting LANs, Cisco/HP network devices, Microsoft Operating Systems, Exchange Server and VMWare.
- MS Office experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to be a team player.
- Starting salary range: $55-70,000.
- Full benefits on first of month following date of hire.
- Free life, short and long-term disability.
- Paid personal time off, holidays and vacation time.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Optional BCBS medical, Guardian dental, vision, accident, critical illness, voluntary life insurance plans.
NETWORK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES:
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
To express interest in this position, please submit resume with applicable qualifications.
Submit to: Barb Irving
Director of Human Resources
Deadline: Friday, November 12, 2021